It’s week 3 and you may have already started working on assignments, or you might be planning to start soon. If you need assistance with an assignment the Library is here to help! Here’s some tips to help you work through the different stages of completing an assignment:
- Think about how you are going to manage your time to complete your assignments by their due dates.
- Understand your assessment by checking the course profile, task information and marking criteria.
- Break the task into questions and as you read you can take notes to answer these questions.
- Identify search terms from your topic and use search techniques to help you find the best results with these terms. You can join search terms together to create a search statement.
- Use your search statement in the Library catalogue, databases and Google Scholar.
- Check out the Library guides to find resources and databases relevant to your topic.
- Take time to evaluate your sources to ensure they are suitable to use.
Writing and referencing
- The assignment type will determine how the assignment is written and presented.
- Ensure you write with academic style and structure the assignment correctly.
- Use references in your writing and follow the formats and examples in the Referencing guides for your in-text references and reference list or bibliography.
Editing and proofreading