The Bloomsbury Visual Arts Hub brings together all of the Bloomsbury digital visual arts collection into one easy, cross-searchable platform. An interdisciplinary hub designed for research and learning across design, art, architecture and related fields, the collection spans textbooks, primary material, monographs and multimedia, providing an exceptionally rich research and study environment.
The platform can be explored in two ways. You can use the subject and collection tiles:
- Art and Visual Culture: spanning theory, history and practice across a wide range of forms from painting to sculpture to photography.
- Design and Fashion: explore an array of informative and inspiring content on the theory, practice and history of design.
- Architecture and Interior Design: encompassing content on the history, theory and practice of architecture and interior design.
- Creative and Decorative Arts: content exploring techniques, tools, skills, materials, historical and cultural contexts.
- Film and Media: from animation, motion graphics and game design to the practice and theory of filmmaking.
Alternatively, you can explore by collection:
- Bloomsbury Design Library: comprehensive global coverage of the history, theory and practice of crafts and design, from prehistoric times to the present day.
- Bloomsbury Applied Visual Arts: combines visual inspiration with practical advice on everything from idea generation and research techniques to portfolio development – making this the ultimate guide to a visual arts education.
Still not finding what you need? Explore our other visual and creative arts databases that we subscribe to in the library guides. If you’d like any further information on how to use the Visual Arts Hub or any of our databases, please don’t hesitate to contact the Library.