The Library has a range of resources available to help you prepare for the trimester ahead and succeed in your studies.
Writing, researching and referencing
Check out our Writing, researching and referencing guide for an overview of all the study skills you’ll need to handle assessment this trimester and feel more confident about study, writing and referencing. Find information to help you with:
- Study skills: Learn all the strategies you need, from time management to online learning.
- Understanding the task: Find out how to break down your assignment questions to really focus on what you need to cover.
- Researching: Tips on using Library resources and suggestions on how to get started with your research.
- Academic writing: For help with planning and structuring your assignments, including the layout of a report.
- Referencing: Find out why it’s important and what goes into a reference.
Online Library workshops
Check out the Library’s orientation workshops to assist you in getting university ready:
- Learn how to unpack your assignments when you register for the Understanding Assignments workshop.
- Find out how to build an argument, structure an assignment or write in an academic style, in Structuring Assignments.
- If you want to know more about searching the Library catalogue, databases or Google Scholar, register for our Introduction to Researching workshop.
- Learn more about the who, when, what, where and how of referencing by attending the Understanding Referencing workshop.
- If you want to know how to use sources to support your ideas/argument, register for Using References in your Writing.