Don’t let exams scare you this Halloween! If you want to turn that fear into shining confidence, the Library is here to help.
Before your exam
- Confirm your exam details and requirements.
- Don’t be afraid to inquire about what type of exam you will be taking.
- Plan ahead by establishing a schedule that leads you all the way to exam day. Use Griffith’s helpful Study Planner to help manage your time.
- Set exam goals based on how you are finding the course and the total amount of marks you need to meet your overall targeted grade.
- Organise your study notes with our self-help tools designed by experts to help you strategically take and revise your notes.
- Leave plenty of time for physical and social activity. You will be more productive if you give yourself a balanced approach to your study.
During your exam
- Listen to the instructions. Remember, examiners are there to help as much as they can.
- Read and read again. There can be a temptation to rush into answering questions for fear of running out of time. Properly understanding the question is key to finishing on time.
- Do the easy ones first. There’s no rule that says you need to do the questions in order. Get the questions you are confident about out of the way so you can focus your thoughts on the challenging ones.
- Focus on each question individually. Not so sure about your last answer? Worry about it later and focus on what you’re currently working on.
- Revise. You may have finished early, but that doesn’t mean it’s over. Use that extra 10 minutes to go over every question again and make sure your answers make sense.
After your exam
- Forget about it. Talking with friends about how you went as you leave the exam room can cause unnecessary stress.
- Reward yourself. Utilise some positive reinforcement and treat yourself to something you may not have had time for while you were studying.
- Relax. You’ve worked hard so now it’s time to give your mind a break. Sometimes doing nothing is the best thing you can do. Those Halloween treats won’t eat themselves!
Visit the Library’s Exam prep study page for more tried and true study skills. If you have any questions about the exam, talk to your course convenor—they’re always open for a chat.