The Library is here to help you get a head start on your studies this trimester. We have a range of resources available to help you prepare and succeed in your studies.
Most of your required and recommended resources are available online via your course Reading lists or you can borrow additional resources from the Library.
Writing, Researching and Referencing
Check out our Writing, Researching and Referencing guide for an overview of all the study skills you’ll need to feel more confident about study, writing and referencing. Find information to help you with:
- Study skills: Learn strategies to help you study from time management to online learning.
- Understanding the task: Find out how to break down your assignment questions to really focus on what you need to cover.
- Researching: Get suggestions on how to start your research with tips on using library resources.
- Academic writing: Discover the best ways to plan and structure your assignments and the layout reports.
- Referencing: Learn why it’s important and how to successfully reference in your assignments.
Online Library workshops
- Watch the Library’s Earlybird workshops to assist you in getting university ready.
- Learn more about referencing by attending Understanding referencing.
- Develop skills on how to use sources to support your ideas/argument by registering for Using References in your writing.
- Explore how to unpack your assignments by registering for Understanding Assignments.
- Get the skills to build an argument, structure an assignment or write in an academic style by registering for Structuring Assignments.
As you start the trimester the Library is here to help you get the most out of your study.