Understanding the intricacies of copyright is essential when preparing your own research and utilising the research of others. This workshop will allow you to further develop your knowledge of copyright and related issues.
Copyright, Research Outputs and Open Access Considerations for Creative and Performing Arts Research
- Tuesday 24 November 2020, 10 am – 12 noon AEST
This online seminar will examine copyright, research outputs and open access pertaining to creative and performing arts research including:
- Online Art
- Mixed Media
- Dramatic and Musical Performances.
With that focus, the following topics will be discussed:
- Copyright and its ownership and licensing, the assignment of copyright and research agreements
- Using copyright materials belonging to others in research outputs
- Copyright permissions, copyright licences and Creative Commons
- Open Access and new funding publishing mandates
- Griffith’s Online Repository—GRO
- Publishing agreements, author’s addendums, copyright and publishing datasets
- The variety of new publishing models.
Questions and comments from the participants are encouraged throughout and the presenter will remain online afterwards to answer any further questions.