‘I’m a mature-age student, in my first year. I find I get more done when I come onto campus. There’s so much support available for students these days, and I’m trying to use it when I can.’
– 2022 Griffith student
As a Griffith student you have access to a range of support, both on and off campus. This includes curated resources from the Library as well as plenty of free online tools. Whether you’re drafting your thesis or just making a study to-do list, check out these apps to help you stay organised and on track:
- ProWritingAid is an online editor, writing coach and style guide.
- Word Tune is an AI Tool focused on providing alternative sentence structures for your work. Great for paraphrasing!
- Grammarly provides grammar suggestions while you write in desktop applications and on sites across the web, including apps, social media, documents, messages and emails.
- Pomofocus is a simple timer that allows you to manage your time and focus on tasks for short, concentrated periods.
- Canva has drag and drop templates to help you create a variety of graphics from mind maps to planners and more.
- Milanote is a simple tool to organise your ideas and projects into visual boards.
- Smarthinking is a 24/7 on-demand tutoring service with expert online tutors and it’s free for Griffith students.
There are only two Honey Labs café meet-ups remaining this Trimester. We would love to see you face to face and help you out:
Café meet-ups on Mondays 10 am
- 16 May: Cafe Rossa (Nathan)
- 6 June: The Library Cafe (South Bank)
Coming up on Monday 9 May we also have a special guest at our online 6–7 pm workshop. Yuri will take you through some tips and tricks with digital tools and answer your questions. No need to register—just access the workshop through the Library Writing Support [email protected] Organisation.
Remember, you can email Megan and Kylie any time at [email protected]