EIU Viewpoint is the new platform for The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) collection of analyses and forecasts on key industries and provides insights into more than 200 countries’ political, policy and economic outlook and proprietary ratings on their business environments.
The EIU collection provides access to key industries including automotive, energy, financial services, healthcare, telecommunications and more. EIU Viewpoint’s wide array of resources are updated daily, weekly, monthly and annually and allows users to easily search by region/country and industry.
EIU Viewpoint offers a consistent global view of:
- Medium- and long-term country forecasts: The political and economic landscape for approximately 200 countries.
- Forecasts for the global economy: Global and regional outlooks spanning politics, economics, and market-moving topics.
- Daily insights: Daily insights on the developments that will impact the future.
- Political and economic analysis: Executive summaries of country forecasts with examinations of key trends in each country.
- Industry analysis and data: The demand and supply outlook for 26 sectors in approximately 70 markets.
- Commodity forecasts: The supply, demand and prices of 40 critical goods.
- Macroeconomic indicators database: Economic data series with up to 320 variables per country on forecasts, as well as historic trends.
- Proprietary ratings: Measuring the attractiveness of the business environment
- Thematic analysis: The cross-cutting issues that experts predict will shape the global outlook.
To access the EIU Viewpoint platform through Griffith Library, just browse our A-Z list of databases: