Last week we brought you our top five tips for looking after your physical and mental wellbeing while studying, but there are so many other great suggestions for keeping a healthy body and mind. Here are five more that we thought we’d share!
1. Balance study with other things—keep up with your hobbies, or join a club or society. There is more to life than work and uni.
2. Eat healthily—a balanced diet is not only good for your body, it can aid your concentration and focus as well.
3. Drink responsibly—when consumed in excess alcohol has a poor effect on your body and impairs your decision-making skills. If you choose to drink, drink in moderation so you can enjoy the party and the day after as well!
4. Sleep well—healthy adults need between eight and ten hours sleep per night. Are you getting enough?
5. Unplug from your devices—for a short time or for a whole day. Find the time to sit and think without distractions.
For more advice on how to improve your mental and physical health and wellbeing while studying, check out the Online Health and Wellness Centre.