This week is all about sustainability and environmental awareness at Griffith.
Sustainability is one of Griffith University’s core values and a key initiative of the 2020-2025 Strategic Plan. To empower students and staff to play a role in creating a sustainable future, Griffith will be hosting several workshops, activities and demonstrations throughout the week to showcase the ways we can all incorporate sustainability into our everyday lives. Check out the calendar of events to see what’s happening at your home campus.
Here are some tips for making your everyday life more sustainable:
- Lower your energy usage by keeping lights switched off unless they’re needed
- Protect the natural ecosystems of our campuses by placing rubbish in the correct bins
- Reduce waste by reusing items where possible or placing them in the correct recycling bins
- Practice sustainable purchasing by using reusable cups when buying coffee and tea
- Keep water usage to a minimum by only running the dishwasher when it’s full
Finally, sign up to support Griffith’s sustainability commitment.