Looking for a way to visualise your research performance? The new Web of Science (WoS) Author Impact Beamplots feature has got you covered.
Beamplots are a new visualisation tool which showcases the citation performance of an author’s publications in a single data exhibit.
A Beamplot shows the volume and citation impact of an individual’s publication portfolio through time. Each paper’s citation count is normalised—benchmarked against other similar publications from the same discipline—and measured as a percentile.
It is also not necessarily biased against individuals who have taken a career break or published less at any given time.
View your author Beamplot via:
- The private dashboard in your Publons/ResearcherID profile
- Web of Science (Beamplots are only available in the new WoS)
To access Beamplots via the existing WoS database:
- Login via http://libraryproxy.griffith.edu.au/login?url=https://apps.webofknowledge.com
- Click the ‘Check it out’ button—this takes you to the new WoS database
- Look up your name
- Beamplot appears in column on the right.
For more information, have a browse of the useful resources below: