Our Digital Library services are here for all your study needs!
As your assignment due dates for Trimester 1 approach, you can be confident in your writing and referencing with help from the Library.
Writing, Researching and Referencing Guide
Check out our Writing, Researching and Referencing guide for an overview of all the study skills you’ll need to handle assessments this trimester and feel more confident about study, writing and referencing. Find information to help you with:
- Study skills: learn all the strategies you need, from time management to online learning.
- Understanding the task: find out how to break down your assignment questions to really focus on what you need to cover.
- Researching: get tips on using Library resources and suggestions on how to start your research.
- Academic writing: discover strategies for planning and structuring your assignments, including the layout of a report.
- Referencing: learn why it’s important and what goes into a reference.
Writing and Referencing workshops
The Library offers multiple online workshops to assist with writing your assignments and referencing. These workshops include Structuring Assignments, Using References in your Writing and Understanding Referencing and run until the end of April. You can register for an available workshop on the Library Workshops page.
Write Assignments webpages
We have referencing guides for a range of styles including APA, Chicago and Harvard. These guides include examples on how to quote and paraphrase in the text of your assignment and how to format reference lists.
You can determine the referencing style for your course by checking your assignment task sheet and rubrics, or asking your course convenor. You can then refer to the relevant referencing guide when writing your assignment.
Some final writing tips…
· While there are many assignment types, they all have a similar structure comprising of an introduction, body and conclusion.
· If you need feedback on your writing, you can access the free online tutoring service, Smarthinking.
The Library. Here to help.