Here at the Library we have everything you’ll need to succeed with your studies! O-Week is the perfect time to check out some of the resources, advice and workshops that can help you jumpstart your first trimester.
The Library provides access to plenty of resources to support your studies. In addition to print resources held on campus, many of our resources can be accessed online 24/7 from wherever you are, including:
- Reading lists for your courses
- Subject-specific Library guides
- Databases, journal articles and ebooks.
Now you know how to find the resources you need, but do you know how to use them? The Library has advice on a range of topics to give you the best chance of acing your assignments and exams. Visit the Study webpage to learn about:
- Developing study skills, such as time management, critical thinking and effective note-taking
- Researching for assignments and evaluating information sources
- Planning and writing assignments
- Referencing styles.
If you want feedback on assignments drafts, you can improve your writing skills with Smarthinking, a free 24/7 online tutoring service. Specialist advice about academic writing and research can also be requested from our Learning Advisers.
Starting university for the first time—or even returning after vacation—can be a little overwhelming. There’s a lot to learn and this can sometimes result in information overload! Luckily, the Library offers a series of Earlybird online workshops during O-Week so you can sit back and let the experts teach you the basics of:
- Study Skills at University
- Starting Assignments at University
- Writing at University
- Referencing at University
- Exploring Online Resources at Griffith.
While you’re waiting for the workshop date to arrive, you can also get to know the Library via our Orientation webpage.
Remember, the Library is here to help! Contact us if you need further assistance.