Queensland Mental Health Week (October 10 – 18) is this week and coincides with T2 Study and Exam Week, so remember to take some time out to look after yourself especially your mental health.
The theme for Queensland Mental Health Week 2020 is ‘Take Time—for Mental Health’. When we take time to look after our mental health, we are able to improve our resilience and better cope with the everyday stresses of life such as study and exams.
Research shows there are six simple actions we can take to improve our mood, build resilience and boost our mental wellbeing. This week, take time to:
- Get healthy—being active and eating well is good for your mind and body
- Keep learning—learning new things can be fun and boost confidence
- Show kindness—practicing small acts of kindness, volunteering your time or simply helping a friend in need can help you feel more satisfied with life
- Connect—spending time with other people is important to everyone’s mental wellbeing and can be done while carefully observing social distancing
- Take notice—paying more attention to the present and the world around you can help you relieve stress and enjoy the moment
- Embrace nature—connecting with the outdoors and taking care of the planet is the best recipe for world wellbeing.
Remember to be kind to yourself and take time for your mental health.