Good data management can save you time and help ensure that your data is protected.
Griffith Library has produced best practice data guidelines for researchers. The guidelines cover:
Before the project starts
- Regulatory requirements and professional obligations
- Contribution to research impact
- Planning documentation
At the start of the project
- Intellectual property
- Ethics and consent
During the project
- Find research data
- Durable formats
- Secure storage – digital data
- Secure storage – print and physical
- Safe and secure data transfer
- Organising and documenting data
Towards the end and after
- Sharing data through a repository
- Licensing for re-use
- Secure destruction
- Exit planning
Visit the Griffith Library web page to get support across your entire research project.
Best practice data guidelines for researchers by Griffith University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.