This post was contributed by Dr Frank Stadler, Research Fellow at the School of Medicine and Adjunct Research Fellow at the Department of Business Strategy and Innovation, Griffith University.

PebblePad has proven to be an invaluable tool for me to disseminate information to fellow researchers, professional stakeholders and research participants. My work is concerned with the delivery of maggot therapy services in compromised healthcare settings, and I use PebblePad to introduce people to my research and maggot therapy itself. It allows me to present relevant information in a clear format that is accessible across digital devices and platforms.

I also found PebblePad to be a fantastic medium to create access points for research ethics information. For example, our latest research requires us to recruit research participants and to brief them adequately in line with our research ethics approval. So, we prepared a social media ad which is being posted and shared on Facebook and LinkedIn. It links to my PebblePad page containing all research ethics information required for informed consent of participants.

Best thing is that PebblePad is pretty intuitive and everyone, not only digital natives, should be able to master the software fairly quickly. So, if you need a channel to communicate with your stakeholders either privately or publicly and you don’t want to maintain a dedicated domain and website then consider using PebblePad – it is free and access is permanent, while you are at Griffith and beyond.