Whether you are considering coming along to Celebrating Learning and Teaching events for the first time, or you’re a more seasoned attendee who looks forward to it all year, we’ve put together a short guide to the events that are sure to pique your curiosity based on your interests and motivations.
So, what’s your Celebrating Learning and Teaching 2019 style? Keep reading to find out!
You love staying up to date with what your colleagues are doing and learning from their experiences
- We’ll see you at the open classes happening at Teaching Using Engaging and Empowering Pedagogies. Just pick a morning and/or afternoon session, and discover some new strategies you can use in your teaching.
- Stick around for the lunchtime poster session at Teaching Using Engaging and Empowering Pedagogies and see how Griffith’s early career educators are using active, authentic and collaborative learning strategies in their teaching.
- Come along to Embedding Employability into Teaching with Ease and Impact to hear how educators who have used the new Employability Uplift Toolkit.
You love getting hands-on and having the opportunity to workshop new ideas and approaches to enhance your practice
- Thinking Design to Really Engage your Learners has your name written all over it! Join this online session and take part in a mini design thinking activity.
- Get thee to the Inclusivity in the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) session for ideas you can use to enhance inclusion in your learning activities and assessment items using technology enhanced learning tools, and to make connections with colleagues working in this important space.
- Try out the Employability Uplift Toolkit in a facilitated workshop session at Embedding Employability into Teaching with Ease and Impact – a great opportunity for you to try out this new and well-received tool for yourself.
You love hearing from experts and taking in the latest learning and teaching knowledge and research
- Dr Jared Cooney Horvath’s presentation at Teaching Using Engaging and Empowering Pedagogies is a must-see if you are keen to delve into the science of learning… plus, Jared is a very lively and engaging presenter!
- Professor Allison Waters will explore the Science and Self-Management of Emotional Wellbeing, sharing some evidence-based ways to care for yourself in the context of being an educator at the Educator Well-being session.
- Associate Professor Amani Bell and the panel at Creating Inclusive Learning Cultures: Celebrating Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Learning and Teaching will share their knowledge and understanding of ways to develop supportive and equitable learning environments that recognise, respect and engage a diverse range of learners.
You love networking, meeting like-minded colleagues and being part of your community
- Network (and enjoy drinks and canapés) with Griffith’s new HEA Fellows at the HEA [email protected] Celebration, and learn more about how the scheme has grown over the last 12 months.
- Celebrate the achievements of our University’s remarkable educators at the Vice Chancellor’s Teaching Excellence Awards, and be inspired by our special guest student speaker.
- Support and mingle with colleagues who edited and contributed to Blended Learning Designs in STEM Higher Education: Putting Learning First at the launch of this exciting new book (also includes drinks and canapés!)
- Stick around at the end of Teaching Using Engaging and Empowering Pedagogies and join your colleagues for drinks and finger food, and the announcement of the winners of the early career educator poster competition.
See the full program of events on the Celebrating Learning and Teaching 2019 website.