Have you been applying scholarly approaches in your learning and teaching practice and wish to investigate your students’ learning in a more systematic and sustained way?
Would you like to learn about how to design and facilitate scholarly learning and teaching inquiries?
Are you interested in disseminating and sharing the findings from your recent scholarly learning and teaching inquiry through conference presentations or publishing in higher education journals?
How can you use the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching to support your academic career trajectory?
Join our guests Associate Professor Amani Bell (IRU Fellow), Professor Ruth Bridgstock (National Senior Teaching Fellow, Learning Futures) and Griffith Learning and Teaching colleagues to discuss scholarly teaching approaches and the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching in higher education during a Q&A style panel session.
About the panel
During the session, panellists will respond to questions posed by participant audience members in the room and online, providing examples of scholarly teaching inquiries and projects in practice across multiple disciplines, along with the lessons learned about becoming learning and teaching scholars. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in the discussion, exploring questions such as:
– What is the difference between the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching (SoLT) and scholarly teaching approaches?
– What does an effective SoLT project look like?
– How have colleagues designed, facilitated and evaluated SOLT projects?
– How might I write up and disseminate the findings of my scholarly learning and teaching inquiries?
– What do I need to know to publish the findings of my SoLT projects?
– How can I use SoLT to support my career development?
How to register
Log in to the Staff portal > Key Services > My Staff Page > Training and Online Resources > Face2Face Training > Search by Course Number. Enter the Course Number G13029 > Choose the session you would like to register for (face to face at Nathan campus, or online).
Face to face at Nathan campus: Session number 0001
Online via YouTube: Session number 0002
If you have any questions about your registration, please email email@example.com