The Tourism Confucius Institute at Griffith University held an international symposium on 29 March 2016. The theme of the International Symposium was “Governance in Contemporary China.”
There were eight speakers:
- Professor Daniel Bell, of Qinghua University, on political meritocracy in contemporary China
- Professor Barry Sautman, of Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, on political developments in Hong Kong
- Professor Mobo Gao, of Adelaide University, on political ideology in contemporary China
- Professor Haig Patapan, of Griffith University, on Socrates and political meritocracy
- Professor Colin Mackerras, of Griffith University, on the contemporary Silk Road concept of Xi Jinping
- Prof Chi Zhongjun, of China University of Mining and Technology, on governance discourse with Chinese characteristics and
national governance modernization
- Adjunct Professor Ron Keith, of Griffith University, on the anti-corruption campaign of Xi Jinping
- Professor Sue Trevaskes, of the Griffith Criminology Institute, on Rule of Law in the Xi Jinping era
Listen to the 2016 Governance in Contemporary China symposium.
View photos from the event:
To view more photos from the event, please visit our 2016 TCI International Symposium Facebook album.